The Posh Closet Sale
Charlotte's finest children's consignment event
If you've already tried other ways to clear out you kids' clothing then you know that sometimes higher end boutique pieces don't get the interest you would like at consignment stores or at some of the huge consignment sales. You know too that Facebook meet up groups, Ebay, Craigslist and other buy-sell-trade groups have the the potential to be crazy time consuming, a bit frustrating--because you can't get rid of it all at one time, and worst of all, maybe not even that profitable.
So, you're thinking about consigning . . .
. . . and about all those great pieces you could score if you got to shop first!?!? It still needs to be easy though, right? A super simple way to turn all those fabulous boutique pieces that your kids have outgrown into cash so that you can . . . buy even more fabulous boutique pieces! We hear you Mama and we can help you with all of that, in just 3 days time!
We can help you sell those fabulous boutique pieces with a lot less frustration and make you a bigger check besides!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the consignor split? You'll make 70% of your sales even if you don't help out! But, you can join us and help for just two 3 hr shifts and raise that percentage to 75%. Consignors who help for more shifts can make up to 80% of their sales if they also recruit new consignors to the sale!
What's this "team member" thing? Most of our consignors help out for at least one 3-hour shift to help get their stuff sold, but it's not a requirement. The Moms (and Dads) who do it make a higher percentage of their sales and get to shop early. You might help with set up, put out signs, hand out flyers, provide a meal for other helpers, assist shoppers, tidy the sales floor or even work as a cashier. There are dozens of shifts available --even some that you can do from home outside of sale hours. Find out more about becoming a team member HERE.
What kinds of items can I consign? Boutique brand clothes & shoes! . . . See our WHAT WE ACCEPT page for more info.
How long do I have to get this done? Registration opens on May 1st, 2018 for the August 2018 All Season sale. As soon as you have completed your registration, you may begin to enter and tag your items. Drop-off appointments are scheduled for Thursday, August 9th. Consignors and Team Members shop on that same Thursday afternoon. You can view the complete sale calendar HERE.
How do I get paid? We will pay you via PayPal direct deposit and you will have your $ within 10 business days of the sale OR if you absolutely, positively can not make PayPal work for you, you can request a check, and your payment will be processed by Bank of America's bill pay system. Checks take longer as they are not written until 30 days after the PayPal payments but you should still have your $ within 6 weeks (usually closer to 4 but we guarantee 6) of sale close. (Either way is fine with us but Pay Pal is more secure and much easier and faster for us (and for you!) so we strongly encourage you to go that route!)
How do I get started? Register! Then read the info under the SELL tab, gather your supplies and start tagging!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
We'll sell your stuff to HUNDREDS of shoppers (most of them, Moms like you!) at
The Posh Closet All Season Sale
9009 Bryant Farms Rd Charlotte, NC
(The South Charlotte Banquet Center)
August 9-11, 2018
and as a Consignor and Team Member, you get to shop FIRST before the public!
Why The Posh Closet Sale?
- Save your very valuable time! Do you really want to sell your gorgeous pieces ONE AT A TIME? Wait for people to comment and then deal with the disappointed buyers who missed out? And then what? Mail them to buyers? And not get to shop as a reward? That is A LOT of time spent selling one item. Your time is way more valuable than that! Spend a few hours, pricing, tagging and dropping off ALL your items to us. We'll do the rest of the work for you. (Use our concierge tagging service and we'll ALL the work for you! YES!! Do nothing at all and still make 50% of your sales AND shop before the public!)
- Give up the yard sale haggling (and the yard sale hosting! --no more strangers in your yard at 6:30am!)
- Think of the gas you'll save (and how much safer you'll feel) when you give up driving around to meet-ups for that Buy-Sell-Trade group.
-You owe it to yourself to give it a try. You said you would clean out that closet/playroom/garage! Here's your chance!
-You can also help a lot of people by donating your items that don't sell! We work with great charities that distribute our donations to folks who can really use them.
-And then there's the CA$H! Our average consignor sells more than $300+ EVERY season! Our largest check last season was for over $2300!
1. Register to Consign & then Tag Your Items in our Online Tagging System
2. Drop it all off at our sale location in Ballantyne. (and then come back to shop for fabulous boutique pieces from your favorite designers!).
3. Cash in! You'll make 70-80% of your sales and have your money within 10 days of sale close.