The Posh Closet Sale
Charlotte's finest children's consignment event
Get Ready to Consign!
The Posh Closet Sale offers TWO options for consignors.
Option 1: We can do all the work for you and you keep 50% of your sales. We will make arrangements to get your clothing, hang it, enter it online, tag it and get it to the sale for you! Email us at email@example.com or call 704-765-2117 for more information. NO items will be accepted for this Concierge Tagging service after February 5th. Email your interest before January 20.
Option 2: You can register and tag your own items and keep 70% of your sales (up to 80% if you volunteer). In just a few simple steps, you can organize, enter, and drop off your items for sale. Ready to tag? Follow these links for a pricing guide and for a list of brands we do & don't accept.
Either way, you will need to REGISTER and it will be helpful for you to read through the Instructions and Consignor Tips below.
1. REGISTER AND SELECT A DROP OFF TIME. If you have not already registered as a consignor, you can register here now. During the registration process, you will be able to select a time to drop your consignment items off. As premium times fill up quickly, please select your spot when registering. Tip!: Gather supplies now. As you prepare your items for sale, you’ll need a few supplies. As the sale nears, be sure you have 60# or 67# weighted paper, also known as Cover or Card Stock, a tagging gun, tags, and zip ties. Packing tape may also be helpful. (Need a tagging gun? We buy them in bulk.
2. GATHER, ORGANIZE and PREPARE YOUR ITEMS FOR ENTRY INTO THE SYSTEM. Seasoned consignors share that the easiest way to begin is to gather items, and group them by gender and by size.(This is a great place to mention that you MUST consign at least 15 items in order to be eligible for early consignor shopping-otherwise you will need to purchase a prorated ticket to shop early)
- Hanging dresses, tops and jackets: Hang on children’s hangers; hanger tops should point left, forming the question mark (?) shape.
- Hanging pants and skirts: Use PLASTIC children’s pant and skirt hangers to hang pants and skirts.
- Hanging outfits: Hang items on regular or pant hangers as applicable and use a rubber band to keep items securely together.
- Adding accessories: Accessories may be attached to the hanger in various ways. Hats may be clipped on to sets with the pant hangers. Hair bows, headbands, belts, tights, jewelry and other accessories can be included in a clear plastic bag; the bag can be pierced by the hanger and placed hanging in front of the outfit.
- What NOT to do: Posh Closet does not accept pinned clothing items or accessories as the resulting holes cause damage. Items with safety pins through the fabric of the clothing will not be accepted. Clothing on wire hangers will not be accepted. Carefully check your items against the list of items we do and don't accept.
3. ACCESS THE SYSTEM AND ENTER YOUR ITEMS.
- To enter items, please log in to your account and click on Enter Items. There is a Consignor Login link at the top of every page of this website.
- Select the most applicable category and size. Assign a price of $5.00 or more. Tip! Price children’s clothing items at 25 to 33 percent of original value and price infant clothing at 20% of original value. Account for condition as you price. Pricing in fifty cent increments may increase your sales. For more information on pricing, please refer to ourpricing guide.
- In the Description field, please include the brand and the number of pieces as well as a description that would enable The Posh Closet Sale to match the tag to the item should they become separated. We can not sell an item without a tag.
- If you would like your items to be discounted by 50% on the last day of the sale, check the Discount box.
- If you would like to donate any unsold items at the end of the sale, please check the Donate box. All items marked to donate will automatically be marked to discount
- Finally, select Add Item to add the item to your inventory.
4. PRINT AND ATTACH YOUR TAGS.
- Get your paper. Tags must be printed on white or light colored 60# or 67# weighted paper, also known as Cover or Card Stock. Cover Stock is available in office supply stores in the paper aisle. Tip!: Seasoned consignors recommend picking up a pack to account for mistakes, reprints and additions. Your tags will print 8 to a page from a PDF file that you will create when you click on "Generate Tags".
- Prior to printing, please set your printer to "Standard" or "Normal". Printing with settings on "best", "fast draft" or other non-standard settings results in tags that are difficult for our scanners to read.
- You’re ready to tag! Just cut them out and attach them to your items.
· For Apparel and Accessories: Print your tags and attach using a tagging gun. Put the tag in a seam, preferably arm pit or side seam, or on the inner brand/size tag, to avoid putting a hole in the fabric. Incorrectly tagged items or items damaged by improper tagging will not be accepted. You may purchase a tagging gun and 500 tagging barbs for $17.00 by clicking here.
· For Shoes and Gear: Fasten tags to shoes and gear using string, ribbon or zip ties. Punch a hole in the tag and put the zip tie or string through the hole before fastening shoes together or to fasten the tag to the item for sale. Do not put shoes in bags unless there is no other way to attach them. Shoe boxes will not be displayed.
5. DROP OFF YOUR ITEMS. Item condition will be reviewed upon arrival and the consignor agreement will be signed. Posh Closet requires items be current – please check the year showing on the interior tags of all Gymboree, Janie and Jack & Gap clothing. Items from 2013 or earlier will not be accepted.
6. COME BACK TO SHOP. Don't forget to come back for the consignor presale Wednesday, February 20th from 5pm-9pm. Special invited guests of consignors shop at 7:30pm and will be asked to register their email addresses. If you can't come you may give your spot away as well. Your guest(s) just need to give your name at the door.
7. PICK UP YOUR UNSOLD ITEMS. Pick up is scheduled for Friday February 22nd at 4 pm.We must vacate the building by 5 pm so this time is etched in stone. Items not picked up by 5 pm become the property of The Posh Closet Sale and will be donated or sold with proceeds going to charity.
ASK QUESTIONS. Have an item you’re not sure about including? Something you aren’t sure how to tag? No worries- the peeps at The Posh Closet Sale are here to help. Text/Call: (704) 765-2117 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.