The Posh Closet Sale
Charlotte's finest children's consignment event
Ready to Shop?
Hey Posh Peeps!
Are you ready for some fabulous boutique brand shopping? Read below for shopping tips and answers to your most frequently asked questions.
The Posh Closet Sale is open to the public on Friday, February 23rd from 10am-7pm and on Saturday, February 24th from 8am-12pm (many of our items are 1/2 off at this time!)
Want to shop before the public?
Buy a $20 presale shopping pass here and you can shop Thursday night, February 22nd from 6-9 pm. Hurry! We sell out every year!
See you at the South Charlotte Banquet Center, 9009 Bryant Farms Road Charlotte, NC 28277 for The Posh Closet Sale!
Shopper Tips and Info
The Posh Closet Sale is different than most consignment sales!
1. We only accept smocked, boutique, home show, and name brand clothing and shoes.
(By name brand we mean that the least expensive brand we take is Gymboree. No Carter's, Children's Place, Old Navy, Crazy 8, Kohls/Target/Walmart etc brands. We do not take any Gymboree/Janie Jack/Gap that is older than 5 years.) We also work with local kids boutiques and national brands to bring your their NEW overstock items at fabulous prices.
2. We carefully check every item that is dropped off and don't accept anything with stains, too much wear, holes, etc. We may miss some things, but we try very hard to only put out items in excellent condition that we would want to buy ourselves
3. We are not as big as some of the mega sales and that is on purpose. Instead of having our shoppers search through racks & racks of clothing looking for that perfect boutique piece, we only take boutique brands and a few mall brand clothes in the first place!
4. Our sale is not for everyone. If you love boutique, smocked, home show and name brand clothing at great prices than this is the perfect sale for you.(Looking for a more traditional consignment sale experience? Check out our sister sale, Sail Again Children's Consignment. It typically runs the week after Posh in the Lake Norman area and boasts 400 consignors, 70,000+ items and all things kids,. including toys, baby gear and equipment)
5. Want to shop before the public? Purchase a $20 pre-sale pass HERE!
6. Bring a girlfriend. It's so much more fun!
7. Be as hands free as possible; leave your jacket and handbag in the car.
8. Yes, the prices are great (40-70% off retail) but what you are really going to LOVE is shopping for all your favorite boutique brands, in your kid's size in ONE place! Bring your girlfriends on Friday, February 23rd and make a day of it! Come back on Saturday February 24th when many of our items will be half off! Want to shop even sooner? Consign or Volunteer with us and shop FIRST on Thursday evening February 22nd!
1. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept cash, credit and debit cards, no checks. Pleases have ID if paying with credit cards.
2. Are children and/or strollers allowed?
Strollers are strongly discouraged during the morning of the public sale. After 1pm on the public sale day and during the presale strollers are allowed.
Children are always welcome but please be aware that during the consignor presale and during the morning of the public sale it is very crowded.
Anything you can do to facilitate "hands free shopping" will benefit your shopping experience. We love kids (and helping you clothe them!), so they are always welcome at our sale, but you might want to leave them home or "wear" them during our busiest shopping times.
3. What can I expect to find and what is the price range of items at the sale?
Please click here on our WHAT WE ACCEPT LINK for a list of brands you can expect to find at the sale. Prices vary greatly depending on brand and how the consignor wants to price their items. Check out our PRICING GUIDE here to get an idea of the prices you will find at our sale. Many consignors price for less than what we suggest in our guide and some price for more.
4. Where can I park?
There is free parking available at the banquet center. The morning of the public sale it does get full and there is additional parking across the street at the church if the lot is full at the banquet center.
5. Can I return/exchange items bought at the sale?
In a word, NO. All Sales are Final.
However, should you find a stain, rip, hole, or tear in an item (i.e. we missed something at inspection) and if you RETURN IT TO US WHILE THE SALE IS STILL IN PROGRESS, we will make every effort to address this issue with the consignor and issue you a refund in the form of an immediate sale credit.